Saturday, June 07, 2008

TIme to Party!

Hanna, Willow and Taylor share some good times to kick off the summer.

Taylor's BFF Willow had her birthday party today at the community pool. Taylor was so excited about this that she had her wardrobe and birthday present planned weeks in advance. Pokemon anyone? Willow and Taylor are both Pokemon fanatics and find every opportunity to dazzle each other with new Pokemon names, powers and facts. I don't understand one single word those two say when they're together, but apparently I'm not supposed to!

The pool was cool, very cool! I was fully dressed with a jacket on (no swimming in 70 degree weather for me, thanks!) and still had goosebumps half the time, but all of the kids were more than happy to frolic in the water for almost three hours. The determination of a brand new seven year old is a thing to behold. :)

There were so many squirt guns, beach balls, noodles and floaties (only the good kind, I promise) in the pool that there almost wasn't room for the kids. I have never seen such a sweet pool set up in my life. Almost made me go home and put my suit on just to have a little fun too. Notice I said almost.


At last! Taylor's turn on the 'throne'.


The Cadillac of the swimming pool floaties was definitely the purple dragon. The sharks, killer whales, Kanoodles and beach balls were cool and all, but the purple dragon won the day. After the inaugural ride by the birthday girl, the kids took turns riding the Purple Beast. The greatest thing of all? The hit toy of the party cost a whopping $4.99 at WalMart. Can't beat that with a stick, can ya?

After jello cake, snacks, opening presents and one more dip in the pool, the party was over. Taylor and Willow have set up pool dates through the summer, complete with the purple dragon and a chance to show off other cool swimming suits they own. Taylor can't wait to turn seven herself and get a chance to be the "hostess with the mostess". :)

Kristin