Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fish Fry

John and Taylor have gone fishing quite a few times over the past couple of weeks. Considering the mercury in the thermometer hasn't dipped below the 90 degrees mark for a record-setting number of days, I think their endeavor both admirable and brave. The fish, it seems, have other thoughts. While I am not a fish whisperer, I'm pretty sure that most fish out there in the fresh waters of northern Colorado are wondering why it is that they're being cooked alive in their natural habitat. The fish aren't biting and the weather doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.

Still, it's cooler in the evenings, the bugs are too hot to put up much of a fuss and even during the worst heat wave, Colorado is a beautiful place to be. John captured some great scenery during the latest fishing expeditions.



I absolutely love this picture. It was taken pre-sunset at
Harmony Ponds.


A lone pelican at dusk.


A visual inferno reflects the temperatures achieved during the day.


Click on this picture to see it full-size. John caught the reflector
stripes on Taylor's CamelBak and Keen sandals. Cute.


Taylor also wrote a journal entry to go with the last few days of fishing forays. Here it is:
Sunday 8-3-08

Fishing is relaxing to me.

My dad bot (bought) a fishing pole, but it did not work so hot. We also bot (bought) new fishing line. Mine is a cler (clear) blue and my dad's is black. We bot (bought) it at Wally-World. We hope it makes the fish pay attenchin (attention). Tonight my dad has to go to worck. I hope next time we go, we cech (catch) a fish. Taylor



For those of you wondering exactly when I am going to make my fishing debut, never worry. The fishing derby I mentioned a few posts back is slated for this coming Saturday, August 9th. I figured I would give the girl wonder and her dad a few weeks to get all the kinks worked out before I inserted myself into the fray. We're all signed up for the derby and with that new fishing line they bought today, I'm sure we've got the competition at our mercy. :) Stay tuned...

Kristin