Saturday, September 20, 2008

Meet Rosita Ocho

Meet Taylor's new furry remote-controlled friend.

Taylor has been dying to go to the toy store to pick up this latest and greatest (not-so-greatest in her mom's opinion) invention from Animal Planet--a remote-controlled tarantula. Who thought this up? I have no idea, but it must have gone over in a big way in the test marketing phase. Every kid within a two-block radius of our house has declared it the coolest toy ever. Well, at least for today.

Taylor saved up her allowance money for a whole month in order to buy this furry little thing. After taking a good look at it out of the box, we think that Rosita Ocho (Taylor's name for her fake arachnid) bears a striking resemblance to this fellow we visited at the Butterfly Pavilion.


A cool specimen of spider, but we're pretty sure she doesn't do
wheelies and spin in circles like Rosita Ocho. :)

All I have to say is, "What will they think up next?" Well, that and, "If I ever find Rosita in my bed, shower or racing after me when I least expect it, that will be the end of Rosita Ocho!"

Kristin