Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Bon Bon!

The Birthday Boy on a fishing trip with Taylor.


Lordy
, lordy, look who's..........well, thirty-nine. Happy Birthday Bon Bon! Even though everyone you know is trying to rush you by a year, hold fast to that last year of the thirties. Before you know it, you'll be opening the door to middle age and meeting the rest of us in the foyer. :)

When I met John in 1992, he had just turned 23. One of the first things I learned about him was that he had a list of things he really wanted to do before he died. What?!? A "Bucket List" at the age of 23? Yep. Among the things listed were:
  • operating a Zamboni
  • skydiving
  • returning to the Netherlands
I'm sure there were others of equally unique bent, I just don't remember them. See what happens when you enter the next decade of your life? :) I just know that the three above things were on his list 16 years ago and we haven't managed to move them to the DONE list. Hmmm... I sense a wild fortieth birthday party in the works for next year.

Kristin