Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Best Mint Ever--Now In Miniature!

I have loved Andes Creme de Menthe thin mints ever since I was a kid. There was always a box sitting by any cash register at any cafe I ate at, any bowling alley I spent time at or any school function that I remember. They're perfect. Not too minty, just enough chocolate and oh-so melty in your mouth.


Guess what???


They now make them in little bits, so you can find the best chocolate cookie you've ever had and add these to the recipe to make it out-of-this-world delish! My friend Abby and I were shopping at the new Super Target and found them in the baking aisle. I almost squealed out loud. I bought three bags just in case they stop making them any time before Christmas.


I went to their website (check it out here) and found tons of recipes for their Creme de Menthe baking bits and the Peppermint Crunch ones too. There's even a sandwich cookie recipe with a whole Andes Creme de Menthe mint in the middle. Wowza! I'll let you know if I actually demonstrate any will power and make cookies with the baking bits instead of eating them like popcorn while watching a movie. :)


Kristin