Wednesday, May 21, 2008

6 Going On 16


Well hello Miss Attitude! Taylor has experienced a recent growth spurt that changed her from happy-go-lucky to happy-go-lucky with some attitude. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes it impresses me and sometimes I experience a spurt of worry. How much longer until I am completely unable to verbally outspar my daughter? Next week?

Here's Miss Sassy on her way to school. We were running a bit late (which is rather difficult to do when you live across the street from the school) and she was bound and determined not to miss the bell. Without pausing in her forward march she says, "You two need to get with the program!"
Hmmmm.... wonder where she got that one from?
I was annoyed and amused simultaneously.

The end-of-the year party for Taylor's Brownie troop was held yesterday. The girls had a wonderful time playing outside, eating pizza and enjoying ice cream treats on a very hot day. The fun was in jeopardy for a short while--Pizza Guy was
late! After asking several times where he could possibly be, Taylor piped up with her solution: "Give me that phone Mom! I'll put a burn under that pizza guy's rear!" I couldn't help it, I laughed. I made sure to follow up the laughing with a mild reprimand. Wouldn't want anyone to think that I encouraged such sass. :)



A supremely self-confident smirk.


Taylor also picked up her prizes for her cookie selling efforts earlier in the year. Among the loot was a star-spangled pink journal with a matching pen--an instant favorite. She decided it would be her Girl Scout journal and promptly sat down at home to compose her first entry. Here it is in its entirety, 'correct' spelling and all:

Chapter One: There are lotes of thinges you showd know if you have a sole in your harte. Love, care, frendship and confidens. You should know all this so peple care for you too! You shoud remember love. Caring for you is most impertint. That's it.

Taylor

Chapter Two: MY DAY. My day is good all the time. Well, not all the time.
Sume times we get what we get. Taylor

I can't wait to see what gems will appear in Chapter Three. :)


Kristin